Fourth Meeting of the Roundtable on Financing Water
The 4th meeting (by invitation only) of the Roundtable on Financing Water was a regional meeting focused on the Americas, organised in partnership with the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the U.S. Government including the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
The meeting was focused on the following themes:
- Integrating resilience into infrastructure investment decisions
- Blended finance for water and sanitation investments
- Designing strategic investment pathways to maximise benefits in terms of water security, enhanced resilience and sustainable growth
- Seizing opportunities generated by innovation and technology
- Improving the environmental performance of development finance
Aim of the Roundtable on Financing Water
The Roundtable on Financing Water is a joint initiative of the OECD, the Netherlands, the World Water Council and the World Bank. The Roundtable provides a global public - private platform drawing upon political leadership and technical expertise, with the ambition of facilitating increased financing of investments that contribute to water security and sustainable growth.
The Roundtable engages a diversity of actors – governments and regulators in developed, emerging and developing economies, private financiers (e.g. institutional investors, commercial banks, asset managers, impact investors), development financing institutions, bi-lateral donors, international organisations, academia and civil society organisations – focused on finding novel ideas and solutions.
- Keynote Dr. Igor Linkov, Team Lead of Risk and Decision Sciences division, USACE, "Resilience and Efficiency in Interconnected Networks"
- Keynote Dr. Roger Pulwarty, Senior Scientist, NOAA, "Water and climate: The case of Resilience"
- Keynote Dr. Rui Affonso, CFO/IRO, SABESP, "Security and Sustainable Growth: The case of SABESP"
- Keynote Dr. Wiebke Bartz-Zuccala, Policy Analyst, OECD, "Blended Finance for Water-related Investments"
- Keynote Mr. Pablo Bereciartua, Secrertary, Ministry of Infrastructure and Water of Argentina, "El Plan Nacional del Agua"
- Presenter Mr. Jorge Fernandez Ripoll, CFO, AySa, "Providing the essential"
- Session 1. The business case for resilience in water infrastructure investments (USACE & NOAA)
- Session 1. A typology of water-related investments (OECD)
- Session 2. Blended finance of water-related investments (OECD)
- Session 2. US water infrastructure finance models (US EPA)
- Session 2. The Credit Enhancement Facilicity in Jamaica (IDB)
- Session 3. Reflections on the political economy of water investment (IDB)
- Session 5. Improving the environmental performance of development finance (OECD)
- T.P. Bostick, E.B. Connelly, J.H. Lambert & I. Linkov (2018) Resilience science, policy and investment for civil infrastructure
- Igor Linkov & Benjamin D. Trump (2019) The Science and Practice of Resilience
- FONAG Water Protection Fund (2019) The Path of Water
For more information, please contact: