Local Economic and Employment Development (LEED Programme)
Boosting local jobs
Since 1982, the OECD Programme on Local Economic and Employment Development (LEED) offers best practice on how to create more and better quality jobs through effective policy implementation and local initiatives.
Better targeted policies locally can boost economic growth and resilience. Empowering local employers and investing in a skilled workforce which is less expendable and more adaptable to change can contribute to productivity growth and the creation of new jobs.
Employment & Skills
How can national and local policies be better aligned and tailored to specific local opportunities and challenges?
How can entrepreneurship help create new jobs, counter job losses and offer people interesting career opportunities?
How can cooperatives, associations and foundations reduce inequalities while creating economic value?
Culture & Jobs
How can culture and creative industries bridge people and provide disadvantaged individuals employment opportunities?
Better Use of Skills in the Workplace
2 November 2017 - This joint OECD-ILO report provides a comparative analysis of case studies focusing on improving skills use in the workplace across eight countries. The examples provide practical ways for employers to act at the local level.
Boosting Social Enterprise Development
21 April 2017 - This compendium derives policy lessons for boosting social enterprises from the analysis of 20 initiatives in several EU member-countries, covering a range of policy areas from legal frameworks and finance to skills.
Why partner with LEED?
- Network and exchange experiences with influencers across all sectors of society, discuss new initiatives and create solutions for positive social and economic change
- Contribute your knowledge and expertise to critical thinking, insights and the dialogue surrounding global policy trends and opportunities
- Build upon your leadership, promote your engagement and commitment and elevate your profile
- Gain privileged and customised access to OECD’s knowledge resources, expert analysis and global networks
- Upgrade your skills through trainings and capacity building seminars
Sign up to our Newsletter
To receive the LEED Flash newsletter (latest publications, reports and events):
- Register to MyOECD, or login to MyOECD if you already have an account (registration is free)
- Select "Edit profile" and make sure the “Industry and Entrepreneurship” centre of interest is selected
- Under "Newsletters", select "The LEED Flash"
- to validate, click on "submit"