PISA Data Analysis Manual: SPSS and SAS, Second Edition
These two publications are essential tools for researchers, as they provide all the information required to understand the PISA databases and perform analyses in accordance with the complex methodologies used to collect and process the data. They include detailed information on how to analyse the PISA data, enabling researchers to both reproduce the initial results and to undertake further analyses. In addition to the inclusion of the necessary techniques, the manuals also include a detailed account of the PISA 2006 database.
These publications are a revision of the PISA 2003 Data Analysis Manual (OECD, 2005). The chapters in the manuals are expanded to cover various analytical issues in PISA in general, while applying examples from all available PISA surveys – PISA 2000, PISA 2003 and PISA 2006.
The publications include:
- Introductory chapters explaining the statistical theories and concepts required to analyse the PISA data, including full chapters on how to apply replicate weights and undertake analyses using plausible values;
- Worked examples providing full syntax in SPSS®/SAS®; and
- Comprehensive description of the OECD PISA 2006 international database.
Table of contents
PowerPoint guides to the manuals
How to obtain these publications
- Subscribers and readers at subscribing institutions can access the online edition the OECD ilibrary:
- Government officials with accounts can access the online editions in O.N.E. Those who have not yet subscribed can do so here.
Order from your local distributor