A 360° VIEW ON GOVERNMENT PERFORMANCE
A public government review helps governments identify where they perform well and where they could improve the performance, sustainability and delivery of public value. A review:
- Assesses & provides recommendations on the capacities a country's central public administration.
- Highlights a country’s governance strengths and the successes to date.
- Analyses the governance challenges facing a country as it seeks to address the public policy issues.
- Offers a strengthened evidence-base in support of well-targeted reforms to help government make the case for reform.
- Discusses implementation strategies to drive the governance reform agenda to a successful conclusion.
IMPROVING EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS
- Governments are concerned on how to cut costs as well as improve efficiency.
- Reviews can help shed light on where and how public expenditures can become more efficient.
- Reviews offer advice through the sharing of good practices on bringing down the public deficit/debt.
BUILDING BLOCKS OF A PUBLIC GOVERNANCE REVIEW
The general model for a Public Governance Review focuses on the following core building-blocks for effective and efficient public governance:
- Strategy setting and steering.
- Implementing the strategy across the central government.
- Linking the sub-national level with the strategy.
- Trust in government, partnerships with civil society, and the delivery of public services.
- Capacity-building across the public administration.
OECD PGR FLYERS
ENGLISH / FRENCH / SPANISH
FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT
Head of Unit
Public Governance Reviews, OECD