Global Commission on the Economics of Water
- Future of humankind needs bold economic thinking and new governance on water, says global group of experts | 25 May 2022
The Global Commission in practice
The Global Commission embodies a collegial approach that combines thought-leadership, policy entrepreneurship and a capacity to engage society and make change happen. It is chaired by four Co-Chairs, who lead and set the direction for the work and its three pillars:
1. Analytics undertaken by three lead experts who engage with a network of researchers and contributing authors across themes and institutions.
2. Societal dialogues designed to ensure adequate representation of regional characteristics and engage with a wide range of stakeholders (including social groups, labour unions, corporates) to ensure meaningful participation.
3. An action agenda derived from the process and the engagement with people in institutions who can ignite change.
The Global Commission will deliver the following outputs under its two-year mandate:
- A 10-page Executive Summary and a 30-page Summary for Policy Makers
- An action agenda and commitments from relevant actors
- A 100-page Synthesis Report – the Water Review
- Component reports and other by-products
The UN Water Conference in March 2023 will be a key milestone.
- For more information, please contact Xavier Leflaive of the OECD Environment Directorate.