Ministerial event on migration and integration - 17 January 2020
Under the title “Making Migration and Integration Policies Future Ready”, Ministers responsible for migration and integration issues from all OECD countries and from selected non-OECD countries had the opportunity to exchange their views on their countries’ challenges, opportunities, and best practices in a Ministerial Meeting held on 17 January 2020 in Paris.
Notably Ministers addressed:
• Innovative Approaches to managing Economic Migration
• Partnerships to improve Migration Enforcement and Compliance
• Innovative Approaches to Integration
• Engaging the Whole of Society and Improving Co-ordination
Ministers also set their priorities for Migration and Integration Policy work of the OECD.
- Ministerial Statement
- Agenda (Ministerial)
- Ministerial Who's who
- Opening remarks by the Secretary General of the OECD, Angel Gurría
- Opening remarks by the Swiss Federal Councillor, Karin Keller-Sutter
- Closing remarks by the Swiss Federal Councillor, Karin Keller-Sutter
- Policy briefs:
How to make Integration Policies Future-Ready?
How to make Labour Migration Management Future-Ready?
What are the Possible Policy Responses to Future Irregular Migration?
- Towards 2035 - Strategic Foresight (Making Migration and Integration Policies Future Ready)
Welcome from Swiss Federal Councillor Karin Keller-Sutter
Distinguished colleagues, dear fellow Ministers,
To be successful in our work we need to understand the lessons of the past and apply them to our policy decisions for the future. We are also much better at what we do if we do not act alone but consult and exchange with colleagues. Nowhere is this truer than in migration policy where we need to analyse our recent experiences from dealing with sudden migration flows and learn from them in order to create future-proof policies that will prove resilient in the face of future crises.
It is therefore with great pleasure that I will be chairing the Ministerial meeting on migration and integration, which will take place on January 17 2020 at the OECD Conference Centre in Paris. I am looking forward to learning from you as well as sharing with you the Swiss experience so we can together reflect upon how we can best make our migration and integration policies ready for the future.
See you in Paris!
Swiss Federal Councillor Karin Keller-Sutter,
Chair of the 2020 OECD Ministerial and High-Level Policy Forum on Migration and Integration