PISA 2015 Database
Download Information and Instructions
From this page you can download the PISA 2015 dataset with the full set of responses from individual students, school principals, teachers and parents. These files will be of use to statisticians and professional researchers who would like to undertake their own analysis of the PISA 2015 data. The files available on this page include questionnaires, codebooks, data files in SAS™ and SPSS™ formats, and compendia.
There are five main data files: the student-questionnaire data file (which also includes estimates of student performance and parent-questionnaire data), the school-questionnaire data file, the teacher-questionnaire data file, the cognitive item data file and a file with questionnaire timing data. These files include countries/economies/subregions that fully met adjudication criteria. An additional data file contains the data for countries with adjudication issues (see note on additional data files below for a list of countries with adjudication issues).
Some of these files are large. The time it takes to download the larger files, and how successfully the files download, will depend on your local Internet connection and other technical factors.
To download a file, right click on a link and save it.
The questionnaires below are available in English and in French.
- Student questionnaire (computer-based assessment)
- Student questionnaire (paper-based assessment)
- School questionnaire (computer-based assessment)
- School questionnaire (paper-based assessment)
- National questionnaire versions are also available.
SAS (TM) Data Files (compressed)
- Student questionnaire data file (411 MB)
- Cognitive item data file (188 MB)
- Questionnaire timing data file (124 MB)
- Financial Literacy data file (23 MB)
- Collaborative Problem Solving (36 MB)
- Cognitive items total time/visits data file (114 MB) See PISA 2018 Technical Report Annex K for details
SPSS (TM) Data Files (compressed)
- Student questionnaire data file (419 MB)
- Cognitive item data file (168 MB)
- Questionnaire timing data file (128 MB)
- Financial Literacy data file (22 MB)
- Collaborative Problem Solving (35 MB)
- Cognitive items total time/visits data file (107 MB) See PISA 2018 Technical Report Annex K for details
Questionnaire compendia provide the distribution of student responses and performance means according to the variables collected through the questionnaires.
- Questionnaire items (33MB)
Cognitive compendia provide the distribution of student responses per cognitive item.
- Cognitive items (15MB)
Compendia for Financial Literacy regroups both questionnaire and cognitive items on the topic.
- Compendia for Financial Literacy (4.6Mb)
Compendia for Collaborative Problem Solving regroups both questionnaire and cognitive items on the topic.
Rescaled Indices for Trend Analyses
Rescaled indices of economic, social and cultural status (ESCS) for use with the PISA 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009 and 2012 datasets.
* Additional data files include all data for Argentina, Kazakhstan and Malaysia, and student questionnaire data for Albania. Due to issues identified during data adjudication, caution is required when analysing these data. For further information, see Annex A4 of PISA 2015 Results (Volume I): Excellence and Equity in Education (OECD, 2016).
Note: Data for student questionnaire items ST016 and ST038 will be available when the PISA 2015 Results Volume III is published in April 2017. Financial Literacy datasets will be available when the PISA 2015 Results Volume IV is published in May 2017. Collaborative Problem Solving datasets will be available when the PISA 2015 Results Volume V is published in October/November 2017.
For queries about the PISA 2015 database and associated files, contact [email protected].