- Location: Conference Centre - Blue Zone - Hall 3 - Pavilion 7
The OECD/IEA Climate Change Expert Group (CCXG), the World Resources Institute (WRI) and The Children’s Invest Fund Foundation (CIFF) presented work related to a central element of the UNFCCC system, particularly relevant in light of the new agreement: the transparency, or measurement, reporting and verification (MRV) framework.
The CCXG presented:
- an analysis from its just-released report on gaps in the current UNFCCC reporting framework, and
- the possible improvements in the reporting framework in the context of the post-2020 transparency framework.
The WRI examined:
- how to address gaps in the “verification” side of the MRV framework, including using it as a tool to enhance capacity building.
Finally, the CIFF presented:
- a new UNOPS strategic financing tool, being set up as a Public Private Partnership initiative together with the BMUB (German Environment Ministry) and other donors, to support and build capacity for MRV of climate action in developing countries as well as mobilise more finance to support it.