Building trust. Fighting fake news. Mobilising partners. For organisations in the development sector, good communications has never been more important. The OECD Development Communication Network (DevCom) helps its members find better ways to engage citizens for their work.
Established in 1988, DevCom brings together the latest advice from practitioners in policy, campaigning and advocacy, together with cutting-edge expertise on public attitudes, marketing and behavioural science.
Click to find advice and inspiration to tackle your communication challenges
DevCom's publications, surveys and reports provide guidance on effective public engagement, based on latest analysis and case samples.
In 2020, we launched DevCom Zooms In, a series of virtual events. Here is a list of our upcoming events:
- 7 September 2021: Partnering with Celebrities, Influencers & the Entertainment Industry
- 5 October 2021: When Trade & Aid Departments Merge: Implications for Communicators
- 9 November 2021: Communicating in and on Africa: Shifting the Narrative
- 7 December 2021: Communicating about Risk & Corruption in Development Work
Click here for our detailed 2021 calendar
If you are interested in our events or would like to contribute to them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For highlights of recent events, please visit The SDG Communicator
The DevCom Community
DevCom’s activities bring together experts on campaigning, social media and journalism, market research and polling, philanthropy and corporate sustainability, and global policy. It’s work is funded through annual contributions from DevCom member institutions:
- Austria, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Austrian Development Agency
- Belgium, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Brazil, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Canada, Global Affairs Canada
- Finland, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- France, French Development Agency (AFD)
- Germany, Federal Ministry for Economic Co-operation and Development (BMZ)
- Iceland, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ireland, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Italy, Agency for Development Co-operation (AICS)
- Netherlands, Department of Foreign Affairs
- Portugal, Camões Institute of Co-operation and Language, I.P.
- Sweden, Swedish International Development Co-operation Agency (SIDA)
- European Commission
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- OPEC Fund for International Development
- Secretaría General Iberoamericana (SEGIB)
- UN Department of Global Communications (UN)
To find out more information or become a member, contact the DevCom Secretariat on email@example.com