This page provides information about the events organised within the framework of the OECD-Russia Technical Assistance Project on Financial Education in the CIS to strengthen financial literacy and promote the financial well-being of citizens in the region.
Meeting minutes, slides and other information shared in the framework of the events are available for the CIS partners on the CIS Community workspace.
High-Level Conference “Financial Literacy Policy Responses to the Advancements of Digital Finance in the CIS” Co-hosted by the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation. The conference aims to:
- Peer learning event 3 November 2021, (co-hosted by the Republic of Belarus (National Bank) and the Ministry of Finance of Russian Federation). The event focused on developing education resources for financial education. Experts from the National Bank of Belarus shared insights on the development process of a textbook on financial education. Experts from the Russian Federation shared experiences on developing education resources. View agenda.
- Peer Learning event 4 June 2021 (co-hosted by the Central Bank of Armenia). The peer learning event looked at the “Evaluation of financial education programmes in schools”. Armenian experts from the Central Bank of Armenia, the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport made the leading presentations. Experts from the Institute for Educational Development Strategy and from the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation shared their experience on “Ensuring Effective Development of Financial Education in Russian Schools”. View agenda.
- Peer Learning event 16 March 2021 (co-hosted by The Republic of Belarus (National Bank) “Stakeholdership for National Strategies on Financial education”. This peer learning activity looked at coordinating and managing stakeholders, as well as effective governance mechanisms for financial education national strategies. The presenters, the National Bank of The Republic of Belarus, the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic, and the Financial Sector Conduct Authority of South Africa, shared their experiences in coordinating stakeholders and adapting a governance structure. The OECD shared the scope, modalities, and key criteria for the involvement of public, private, and not-for-profit stakeholders in financial education activities as detailed in the OECD 2020 Recommendation of the Council on Financial literacy and in the OECD/INFE 2014 Guidelines for private and not-for-profit stakeholders in financial education. View agenda.
- Organisation of discussion meeting on the CIS Network on Financial Education with CIS countries 5 March 2021. The objective of the meeting was to introduce and discuss with/to countries the Network and its TOR. Countries were invited to provide their opinion on the objectives, scope and activities of the Network, membership and collaboration, as well as suggest new work streams. View agenda.
- Peer Learning event 12 February 2021 (Co-hosted by the Central Bank of Uzbekistan, closed session for CBU exclusive). “Technical Approach and Methodology for drafting Terms of References or a proposal to introduce financial education in schools”. The peer learning activity included sharing knowledge of experts and project consultants with the Uzbek partners on developing a work plan, setting up a time frame for the overall structure of the programme for youth financial education, identifying various stakeholders, setting up a plan to involve various stakeholders, deriving the budget and identifying potential funders. The meeting was attended by OECD representatives, experts from the Ministry of Finance of Russian Federation and from the Central Bank of Uzbekistan.
- 2020 High-Level Event on Financial Education in the Commonowealth of Independent States 15-16 December 2020. This High-Level event was organised as part of OECD Technical Assistance Project on Financial Education in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Phase II, with the financial support of the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation. This two-day meeting, held on-line, brought together officials from the CIS countries, alongside OECD/INFE and international experts and researchers in the field of financial education. The event gave the opportunity to share experiences on improving financial literacy and financial resilience in the region in a COVID-19 pandemic more than ever required and necessary. The CIS-INFE Financial literacy regional network have also been launched: the goal is to contribute to a longevity and continuity of the mutually beneficial exchanges. View agenda and more
- Peer learning event 6 November 2020. “How to effectively deliver digital content of financial education: lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic”. During the online roundtable, Experts from the Central Bank of Armenia and the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation shared their experience with the National Bank Tajikistan and Central Bank of Uzbekistan on what challenges they faced at delivering financial education in the times of the COVID-19 pandemic. The experts indicated the measures they have taken as well as lessons they have learnt. View agenda.
- Peer learning event 12 October 2020. “How to create financial literacy centres. The Peer Learning event looked at governing and coordinating financial education activities; with a special focus on how to create and manage a financial literacy centre as a coordinating body for activities at a national and regional level. Experts and policy makers, and policy official from the Russian Federation at both federal and regional level shared their experiences with policy official from the National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic, with the OECD having set up the event. View agenda
- Financial education and COVID-19 29 May 2020, Virtual discussion on the implications of the COVID-19 crisis on financial education and consumer protection policies in the CIS.
- 2019 High-level Event on Financial Education in the CIS, 9-10 December 2019, Moscow, Russia. Read more