COUNTRY KEY FINDINGS - LESSONS LEARNT
- Israel has a world class primary care system based on teams of professionals working in community clinics that are held to account by extensive data collection and strong after hours services.
- The government ought to address the relatively poor information on quality of care in hospitals by encouraging better hospital quality reporting and improvement programmes.
- Improving the flow of clinical information will help coordination between primary care and hospitals.
- Dedicated health programmes for the disadvantaged have helped address inequalities though renewed efforts are needed along with tackling the social determinants of health and avoiding further increases in co-payments.
- Assessment and recommendations
Follow us on Twitter via @OECD_Social