Building trust. Fighting fake news. Mobilising partners. For organisations in the development sector, good communications has never been more important. The OECD Development Communication Network (DevCom) helps its members find better ways to engage citizens for their work.
Established in 1988, DevCom brings together the latest advice from practitioners in policy, campaigning and advocacy, together with cutting-edge expertise on public attitudes, marketing and behavioural science.
Click to find advice and inspiration to tackle your communication challenges
DevCom's publications, surveys and reports provide guidance on effective public engagement, based on latest analysis and case samples.
Below is a selection of DevCom’s virtual events in 2022. Click here for a full list.
- 24 March: Special Focus Group on Promoting Solutions Communications in and on Africa, led by Africa No Filter & Africa Communications Week
- 12 April: DevCom Zooms In session on How’s Life in Latin America? Public attitudes & open government communications
- 23-27 May: Special event with Africa Communications Week on Africa’s Agency & the Green Transition
- 21-22 June: DevCom Side Event at the European Development Days (EDD)
- 12 July: DevCom Zooms In session on Fighting Digital Disinformation & Countering Hate Speech
- 10-11 October: Senior-Level Annual Meeting on the Role and Value of Development Communications in Global Politics Today
- 6 December: DevCom Zooms In on Partnering with the Media & Promoting Independent Journalism
Please note that participation is by invitation only. For more information, please contact Dev.Com@oecd.org. For highlights of recent events, please visit The SDG Communicator.
The DevCom Community
DevCom’s activities bring together experts on campaigning, social media and journalism, market research and polling, philanthropy and corporate sustainability, and global policy. It’s work is funded through annual contributions from DevCom member institutions:
- Australia, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Austria, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Austrian Development Agency
- Brazil, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Canada, Global Affairs Canada
- Finland, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- France, French Development Agency (AFD)
- Germany, Federal Ministry for Economic Co-operation and Development (BMZ)
- Iceland, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ireland, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Italy, Agency for Development Co-operation (AICS)
- Netherlands, Department of Foreign Affairs
- Portugal, Camões Institute of Co-operation and Language, I.P.
- Sweden, Swedish International Development Co-operation Agency (SIDA)
- European Commission
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- OPEC Fund for International Development
- Secretaría General Iberoamericana (SEGIB)
- Spain, Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID)
- UN Department of Global Communications (UN)
To find out more information or become a member, contact the DevCom Secretariat on email@example.com