Launch event | Dissemination & outreach | Synthesis | Executive Summary | Videos | Related events | Background note
OECD project on growth, investment and the low-carbon transition
In the context of the German G20 Presidency, the OECD undertook this major project on the economic growth and investment implications of the transition to a low-carbon, climate resilient economy:
LAUNCH EVENT - 23 May 2017
The OECD-hosted international conference, in collaboration with the German Ministry of Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety and in conjunction with the Petersberg Climate Dialogueconference took place in the context of the German G20 presidency and attended by decision-makers from a large number of countries, business representatives as well as high-level actors of international co-operation.
The OECD Secretary-General Angel Gurría presented the results of this major report which provides a ground-breaking analysis of how low-emission and climate-resilient development can be achieved without compromising economic growth, competitiveness or well-being.
The programme and some of the questions debated at the event:
- How can governments ensure that climate-friendly growth policies provide a major boost to short-term growth while increasing longer-term resilience?
- What development pathways will get us to the Paris Agreement outcomes?
- How do investment flows need to change to get us there? What are the growth and structural implications of going low carbon?
- How can governments create the conditions to drive a prosperous transition?
Download the Summary of Discussion - Launch event (PDF)
dissemination activities and outreach
Since the launch of the report "Investing in Climate, Investing in Growth" in Germany in May 2017, find out more on our communication activities and outreach events held in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa, Sweden and the United States.
More events are being organised throughout 2018.
Dissemination activities and outreach for OECD report "Investing in Climate, Investing in Growth" from OECD Environment
Synthesis and executive summary
Download the Synthesis: English / German / French / Japanese / Spanish / Chinese
Download the Executive Summary: English / German / French / Japanese
12 December 2017 -
7-8 July 2017 - G20 Hamburg Summit
The OECD work and the OECD report "Investing in Climate, Investing in Growth" have been recognised and welcomed in the G20 Leaders’ Declaration.
G20 Summit Declaration of the Heads of State and Government
G20 Summit - Agreed document
BACKGROUND NOTE TO THE REPORT
ENGAGE WITH US
- To receive our Environment news, publications and events, sign up to MyOECD (choose "Environment" as an area of interest and tick "Environment News" under Newsletters).