Watch the full video of the Forum
Africa in the emerging global economic order
Fast and challenging transformations in the global economy today are reshaping conditions for transforming African economies and creating better opportunities for its youth. Efforts to reduce the continent’s dependence on raw material exports, advance productive transformation and increase investment and domestic resource mobilisation are being challenged.
Can innovative policies and international partnerships help address:
- the socio-economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- insufficient development finance?
- fast rising food and energy prices?
- the reshaping of global value chains?
- and the need for better opportunities for African youth?
Join OECD experts, African leaders and policy makers and shakers to discuss next steps for a more sustainable future.
The 21st edition of the AU-OECD International Economic Forum on Africa took place in the framework of the OECD Ministerial Council Meeting (MCM), chaired by Italy under the theme “The Future We Want: Better Policies for the Next Generation and a Sustainable Transition”. The Forum is an opportunity for OECD members to engage at high level, yet informally, with Africa’s leaders, movers and shakers on the way forward.
- The Forum took place on Friday 10 June 2022 at the OECD headquarters
- Click to watch the Forum it on OECD TV, Twitter or Facebook
Consult past Forums