Development Co-operation Directorate
Development Co-operation Directorate (DCD)
DCD supplies technical expertise for the OECD Development Assistance Committee and helps build consensus among its members and the wider development community to improve development effectiveness.
The DCD Director is Jorge Moreira da Silva and the DCD Deputy Director is Brenda Killen.
In DCD, we contribute to developing better policies for better lives by:
DCD also works closely with other OECD development resources:
- Policy Coherence for Development: for policies that support, rather than conflict with, development
- The Development Centre: a forum for innovative solutions to global development challenges
- Global Relations: partnerships with non-OECD members for truly global development
- The Sahel and West Africa Club: focusing on the special development and integration needs of this region
- PARIS21: Paris21 works with 120 countries to target and measure the impact of poverty-reduction policies using a proven approach for building robust statistical systems. Currently, 93% of these countries have started the process
- The Multilateral Organisation Performance Assessment Network (MOPAN): a network of 19 donor countries with a common interest in assessing the organisational effectiveness of the major multilateral organisations they fund
- Tax and Development Programme: a multi-stakeholder Task Force with the goal to take action to improve the enabling environment for developing countries to collect appropriate and adequate tax revenues and to build effective states
- Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation: an inclusive political forum bringing together governments, bilateral and multilateral organisations, civil society and representatives from parliaments and the private sector, committed to strengthening the effectiveness of development co-operation to produce maximum impact for development
- The Sustainable Development Investment Partnership (SDIP): aiming to mobilise financing to infrastructure projects in developing countries