FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - Internships and Young Professional Programme
I would like to do an intern at the OECD. Can I apply?
In order to be eligible for an internship at the OECD, you need to be enrolled in a university programme in a field or discipline related to the work of the OECD during the whole period of your internship. You should be able to communicate well in English and/or French and have drafting skills in one of these two languages. Furthermore, you should be willing to work in a multicultural team in an international context. A Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) governing the terms of your internship will need to be signed by the OECD, you and your University.
How do I apply to the OECD internship programme?
If you are interested in an internship at the OECD, you may apply to the Winter Internship Programme starting from January to June , or to the Summer Programme starting from July to December .
Please state your availability in the motivation part of your application.
Can I be an intern at the OECD during the summer?
Yes, an internship is possible during the summer. Please note that the minimum duration for internships shall be for a period of not less than one month, although the OECD encourages potential interns to stay for six months in order to provide the intern with the best possible insight into work at the OECD.
What are the typical missions and projects interns work on and in which areas?
Usually interns are entrusted with the following tasks:
- Participation in study preparation and documents in the fields relevant to the competency of the Directorate concerned.
- Background research and analysis of data and questionnaires.
- To gather, organise and evaluate statistical information.
- To establish notes and participate in the drafting of reports.
Typically interns are welcomed in the following Directorates:
- Economics (Macroeconomics and Microeconomics)
- Tax Policy and Administration
- Development Co-operation
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Financial and Enterprise Affairs
- Employment, Labour and Social Affairs
- Education and Skills
- Trade and Agriculture
- Public Governance and Territorial Development
- Corporate services, such as Budget and Finance, Public Affairs and Communications, Information Technology and Human Resources amongst others.
When will I receive an answer for my internship application at the OECD?
Due to the large number of applications, please note that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. In general, hiring managers have access to all applications and regularly consult our database. Please clearly state in your motivation letter the desired dates for an internship.
When is the next recruitment round for the YPP?
The OECD Young Professional Programme 2015 is now closed for applications. The next round of the OECD Young Professionals Programme will open for applications in Autumn 2016. Please see the YPP page for more information on the programme.
For any other queries please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you mention the purpose of your enquiry and the vacancy reference in the title of your message.