The OECD Water Governance Initiative
A POLICY FORUM TO SHARE GOOD PRACTICES
The OECD Water Governance Initiative is an international multi-stakeholder network of members from the public, private and non-for-profit sectors gathering regularly to share good practices in support of better governance in the water sector.
OBJECTIVESThe OECD Water Governance Initiative:
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE OECD PRINCIPLES ON WATER GOVERNANCE
PLEDGE: IMPLEMENTING THE OECD PRINCIPLES ON WATER GOVERNANCE
On 21 March, 2018, OECD WGI and the global Coalition for Good Water Governance handed over to the OECD Secretary-General the Brasilia Multistakeholder Pledge to Implement the OECD Principles on Water Governance.
The Pledge emphasises the urgent need to implement improved water governance as set out in the OECD Principles on Water Governance. The Pledge is an important water governance outcome of the 8th World Water Forum in Brasilia and will build momentum for policy implementation and improved decision-making in water leading up to the 9th World Water Forum in Senegal, 2021. It will also serve as a contribution to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
SURVEY: TAKING STOCK OF THE USE AND DISSEMINATION OF THE OECD PRINCIPLES
A survey carried out between 15 and 24 January 2018 collected inputs on:
The survey targeted the members of the OECD Water Governance Initiative and the broader Global Coalition for Good Water Governance.
Presentation by OECD Secretary-General
Terms of reference
- 14th Meeting - 2-3 November 2020 - Virtual event
- 13th Meeting - 9-10 January 2020 - Paris
- 12th Meeting - 20-21 June 2019 - Berlin
- 11th Meeting - 12-13 November 2018 - Zaragoza
- 10th Meeting - 20-21 November 2017 - Vienna
- 9th Meeting - 3-4 July 2017 - Paris
- 8th Meeting - 12-13 January 2017 - Rabat
- 7th Meeting - 23-24 June 2016 - The Hague
- 6th Meeting - 2-3 November 2015 - Paris
- 5th Meeting - 26 May 2015 – Edinburgh
- 4th Meeting - 24-25 November 2014 - Paris
- 3rd Meeting - 28-29 April 2014 - Madrid
- 2nd Meeting - 7-8 November 2013 - Paris
- 1st Meeting - 27-28 March 2013 - Paris
WORKING GROUPS 2019-2021
WORLD WATER FORUM
The OECD has been leading the governance theme at the world's largest water event since 2012. Every 3 years, more than 20,000 participants from the international water community, including policy and decision makers, gather to discuss current water issues and spark positive change.