BENEFITS OF JOINING THE GLOBAL FORUM
- Participation in a unique forum where all financial centres are present, which considerably enhances developing countries’ ability to negotiate information exchange agreements.
- In addition to being peer reviewed, members are invited to participate in reviews of other jurisdictions. All members have found that the peer review process provides an opportunity to reflect on how their own legal frameworks could be improved.
- Receive help in improving the legal framework for transparency and exchange of information. Benefit from assistance which the Global Forum may provide directly or in partnership with other providers.
- Benefit from the guidance and assistance our secretariat offers in respect to the new standard on AEOI, such as training, tools and advice.
- The Global Forum provides a unique forum where implementation challenges can be shared and resolved between members with a possibility of creating pilot projects.
- Increase your international visibility and heighten your profile as a reliable location in which to do business. Advance the fight against corruption and money laundering.
- Have a voice in the decision making process as all decisions are taken by consensus.
OBLIGATIONS WHEN JOINING THE GLOBAL FORUM
- Commit to implement the standards on transparency and exchange of information (exchange of information on request and automatic exchange of information).
- Participate and contribute to the peer review process.
- Pay an annual membership fee: a yearly base fee for each member, and for jurisdictions with GNI greater that USD 35 billion, a share calculated based on their annual scale of contributions.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information
» Global Forum members and observers