Tax Administration Responses to COVID-19: Assisting Wider Government
Download the reference document
This report sets out some of the new responsibilities that tax administrations are taking on to assist wider government in the provision of support to taxpayers and citizens. The report, put together with the assistance of the OECD Forum on Tax Administration's Enterprise Risk Management Community of Interest, sets out some of the considerations that administrations may wish to take into account in taking on these new responsibilities. It also highlights the opportunities to build on lessons learned to improve the resilience and agility of tax administrations for the future.
- 30/07/2020 - New challenges and opportunities for tax administrations emerge in supporting wider government responses to COVID-19 crisis
Other actions to tackle Covid-19
With tax playing an important role in the response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the OECD has outlined a range of emergency tax measures governments could adopt to curb the economic fallout of the crisis, and has developed a compilation of all tax measures taken by governments so far.
- Tax Administration: Privacy, Disclosure and Fraud Risks Related to COVID-19 (reference document, PDF), published 26 May 2020
- Tax Administration Responses to COVID-19: Measures Taken to Support Taxpayers (reference document, PDF), updated 21 April 2020
- Tax Administration Responses to COVID-19: Business Continuity Considerations (reference document, PDF), updated 7 April 2020
- Tax Administration Responses to COVID-19: Recovery Period Planning (reference document, PDF), published 26 May 2020
- Tax policy measures taken so far (database, Xlsx), updated 31 July 2020
- Tax and Fiscal Policy in Response to the Coronavirus Crisis: Strengthening Confidence and Resilience (report, PDF), published 15 April 2020
- Suggested tax policy responses (flyer, PDF), published 20 March 2020
- Analysis of Tax Treaties and the Impact of the COVID-19 Crisis (reference document, PDF), published 3 April 2020
The OECD is compiling data, information, analysis and recommendations regarding the health, economic, financial and societal challenges posed by the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19). Please visit the dedicated OECD website for a full suite of coronavirus-related information.