Industry and globalisation
91st Session of the Steel Committee, virtual meeting, 29-31 March 2022
Economic impacts of Russia's aggression against Ukraine notably on steel markets
- Presentation by the OECD Economics Department on the economic and financial impacts.
- Presentation by Kallanish Commodities on the impacts on steel raw material markets.
Global steel market situation and steel demand prospects
- Presentation by the Secretariat on the global steel market situation.
- Presentation by the Worldsteel Association on the short-range outlook for steel demand.
- Presentation by the Institut du Dévelopement Durable et des Relations Internationales (IDDRI) on long-term steel demand in view of the green transition.
Regional steel market developments: reports by steel industry associations
Steelmaking capacity developments
- Presentation by the Secretariat on the latest developments in steelmaking capacity.
- Presentation by the Secretariat on low-carbon projects: how prominent are they in capacity developments.
- Presentation by the South East Asia Iron and Steel Institute (SEAISI) on capacity investments taking place in ASEAN.
Steel trade policy developments
- Presentation by the Secretariat on the monitoring report on steel trade and trade policy developments.
Steel trade measures circumvention
- Presentation by the Secretariat on the results of the empirical work on indicators of potential trade circumvention.
State-owned enterprises in the steel sector: subsidisation and performance of steel SOEs
- Presentation by the Secretariat on the preliminary work on the second stage of analysis.
International discussions on steel and OECD work relevant for the Committee
- Presentation by the delegation of the United Kingdom on the outcome of COP26, implications for the steel sector and relevance for the work of the Steel Committee.
- Presentation by the OECD Trade and Agriculture Directorate on i) the climate implications of government support and ii) supply chain disruptions.
More OECD work on Steel