The MENA-OECD Initiative is pleased to celebrate its 10-year anniversary. Launched in 2005, the Initiative brings together representatives from MENA economies, OECD member countries and international partner organisations. Its two pillars - the MENA-OECD Governance Programme and the MENA-OECD Investment Programme – work to promote reforms to enhance the investment climate, disseminate standards and principles of good governance, strengthen regional and international partnerships and foster sustainable economic growth.
OBJECTIVES OF THE MEETING
- discuss ways to bring forward a regional agenda in the MENA region to foster inclusive growth, create employment opportunities and build trust;
- discuss the strategic orientations of the Initiative and ensure coherence and alignment with other multilateral processes;
- provide guidance and oversight to the different working groups and networks of the MENA-OECD Initiative.
- Ministers, policymakers and public officials engaged with representatives of civil society organisations, private sector and academia from MENA and OECD member countries.
Agenda: English | Français | Arabic
Conclusions: English | Français | Arabic
List of Participants
Regional Agenda for Inclusive Growth, Employment and Trust: The MENA-OECD Governance Programme - Rolf Alter, Director, Public Governance and Territorial Development Directorate
- Strengthening Regional Dialogue and Integration, an update on OECD work in the MENA region - Marcos Bonturi, Director, OECD Global Relations
- Economic developments and key challenges in support of growth and job creation in the region - Alvaro Pereira, Director, Country Studies Branch, Economics Department, OECD
- Reviving investment in the MENA region - Marie Estelle Rey, Senior Advisor, MENA-OECD Investment Programme, OECD Global Relations
- Policies to support private investment in renewable energy in the Middle East and North Africa - Salem Moosa Jaffar Hassan, Representative of ITHRAA in France, Co-Chairman of the Task Force for Energy and Infrastructure at the OECD and Chairman of Namma Development
- The MENA-OECD Governance Programme - Miriam Allam, Policy Analyst/Economist, Public Governance and Territorial Development Directorate
- Implementation of the Programme under the new mandate - Nicola Ehlermann-Cache, Head of the MENA-OECD Investment Programme, OECD Global Relations
- Achievements of the MENA-OECD Initiative on governance and investment for development and elements of reflection for the new mandate starting in 2016 - Carlos Conde, Head, Middle East and Africa Division, OECD Global Relations
For further information about the MENA-OECD Governance Programme, please contact Miriam Allam (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For further information about the MENA-OECD Investment Programme, please contact Nicola Ehlermann-Cache, Head of Programme (email@example.com)