This EU-OECD project seeks to support the Palestinian Authority and to improve overall governance capacity in managing the public administration for the ultimate benefit of citizens and businesses through more effective and efficient policy and service design and delivery. More specifically, the project will aim at enhancing the capacity of law and policy-makers to:
- Develop a strategic framework for PAR;
- Support policy-development and co-ordination;
- Strengthen civil service and human resources management;
- Contribute to improving service delivery;
- Assist in the organisational and functional set-up of the Centre of Government and selected areas.
The project’s objective is in line with the Palestinian National Development Plan (NDP) 2021-2023, which puts an emphasis on achieving national unity, effective government, and social justice and the rule of law. Additionally, the objective is aligned with the European Union’s policy of supporting the Palestinian Authority to ensure a public sector that enjoys a reputation of integrity, performance and responsiveness through the cost-effective delivery of quality public services.
The project draws on OECD’s technical expertise and international tools and standards developed by OECD public governance experts and the regional network and knowledge of the MENA-OECD Governance Programme.