Organised by the OECD Trento Centre in collaboration with ANCI FVG (Italian National Municipality Association - Friuli Venezia Giulia Section) as part of its NextPA Projet, and the Green Economy Observatory, Bocconi University - GREEN
A local development perspective
The sustainable development prospects are at stake since quite a long time already, and the current comprehensive perspective is well represented by the UN Agenda and the SDGs.
Such a concept acquires peculiar and prominent implications when considered from the local level upwards, focusing the specific role of local governments, and when referred to a complex context such as the mountain one and even more to the highly anthropized Alpine mountain landscape, the highest urbanised mountains worldwide. In this landscape, the pandemic is raising further criticalities, but also possible new opportunities, while looking at sustainable development.
Invited speakers discussed the outstanding issues, challenges and opportunities the sustainable development and the green economy pose for local alpine communities, taking the angle of the local authorities and municipalities – medium and small ones in particular – and calling them to act in order to seize the SDGs opportunities for their communities across the Alps.
- Alessandra Proto - Head, OECD Trento Centre for Local Development
- Lavinia Clarotto - Mayor of Casarsa della Delizia Municipality (FVG Region) and Member of the Executive Committee of the Regional branch of the Italian Municipality Association (ANCI FVG)
- Edoardo Croci - GEO Coordinator - Green Economy Observatory, GREEN, Bocconi University
- Francesco Colelli - GREEN researcher, Bocconi University
- Sabrina Lucatelli - Member of the Evaluation and Analysis Unit for Planning of the Department for Development Policies and Vice President, Working Group on Rural Policies of the OECD
- Stefano Marta - Coordinator of the OECD Programme on the Territorial Approach to the SDGs, OECD CFE Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities
- Gianluca Spinaci - European Committee of the Regions, ENVE Commission, Green Deal, Energy, Environment and Climate
The event was open to all people interested in the topic upon free registration.