Industry and globalisation
88th Session of the Steel Committee, virtual meeting, 24-29 September 2020
Outlook for the world economy and the global steel market
The economic setting: the world economy and industry outlook
- Presentation by the OECD Economics Department on the world economic situation and the latest OECD forecasts for the global economy.
- Presentation by IHS-Markit on key developments and global outlook for key steel-using sectors.
Global steel market situation and steel demand outlook
- Introduction by the Secretariat of the document on the global steel market situation.
- Presentation by the World Steel Association on developments in global steel markets and the outlook for steel demand.
Regional steel market developments: reports by industry
Steel trade and trade policy developments
- Presentation by the Secretariat on the update of the latest developments in steel trade and steel trade policy developments.
Latest developments in steelmaking capacity: interim report
State enterprises in the steel sector
The changing characteristics of steel firms
- Presentation by the Secretariat on work on the changing characteristics of steel firms and patterns of restructuring.
Market consolidation and steelmaking capacity
Updates on international discussions on steel
- Presentation by the Secretariat on the activities of the Green Growth and Sustainable Development Forum.
More OECD work on steel