Country practices and support
Through the mutual exchanges of experiences and discussions on what works and what does not, countries can improve the content of national strategies, strengthen institutional mechanisms, address transboundary impacts and ultimately enhance policy coherence in the implementation of the SDGs.
This pillar makes available in an interactive format solutions from across the world for promoting Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development (PCSD). It includes an inventory of good practices related to PCSD, including summaries organised by cross-cutting themes (e.g., climate change, gender, etc.), by policy sector (agriculture, energy, trade, etc.) and by SDG. It also includes good country practices on the use of institutional mechanisms and governance tools to enhance PCSD as well as country profiles.
Inventory of good country practices and case studies on PCSD
substantive inventory includes analytical content and good country practices on the use of institutional mechanisms and governance tools to enhance policy coherence for sustainable development.
Country profiles: Institutional mechanisms for PCSD
This section includes country notes for the adherents to the OECD Recommendation on Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development.
The OECD provides targeted support to governments to strengthen their capacities to design, implement and monitor coherent and integrated policies for sustainable development. This entails fostering synergies across economic, social and environmental policy areas; identifying trade-offs and balancing domestic and international objectives; and addressing the spillovers of domestic policies on other countries and on future generations.
- For more information please contact: email@example.com
Examples of country support include:
- Country work brochure - Supporting SDG Implementation
- Italy: Mainstreaming the SDGs in the decision making
- Luxembourg: Strengthening institutional mechanisms and capacities for policy coherence
- Poland: Building civil service capacity for delivering on the SDGs
- Romania: Strengthening Institutional Mechanisms to deliver on the SDGs
- Malta: 2050 Sustainable Development Strategy for Malta and Action Plan
- Czech Republic: SDG Governance Review, Institutional Scan 2020
- Egypt: Integrated Governance for Coherent Implementation of the SDGs
- Norway: Sustainable public procurement
- Africa: Strengthened policy coherence for implementing the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063