Gender gaps persist in education, employment, entrepreneurship and public life opportunities and outcomes. Gender budgeting is a way for governments to promote equality through the budget process.
Since every ministry and level of government has a budget, planning the budget with the promotion of gender equality in mind has the potential to help policy-makers address a range of inequalities that have become embedded in public policies and the allocation of resources.
- Meeting of the Gender Budgeting Network, Virtual, 20 May 2021
- Workshop on Gender Budgeting and the COVID-19 crisis, Virtual, 10 July 2020
- Experts Meeting on Gender Budgeting, Paris, France, 2019
- Experts Meeting on Gender Budgeting, Vienna, Austria, 2018
- Experts Meeting on Gender Budgeting, Reykjavik, Iceland, 2017
Overview of gender budgeting
Budgeting - Ronnie Downes, Elena Gentili, OECD de OECD Governance