Industrie et mondialisation
The Economic Impact of Counterfeiting and Piracy (draft)
Economic Impact of Counterfeiting and Piracy: Results of Phase I
Work on the first phase of the OECD project on counterfeiting and piracy has been completed, and a pre-publication draft of the study report can be found below. The final report, which was published in 2008, covers:
- An analysis of trends and developments, including an assessment of the magnitude and scope of counterfeiting and piracy.
- The factors driving counterfeiting and piracy, and the role of new technologies in facilitating counterfeiting and piracy activities, have been identified and discussed,
- An assessment of the effects on firms, consumers and governments.
- A series of assessments covering the audio/visual, automotive, electrical component, food/drink, pharmaceutical and tobacco sectors.
- An analysis of government and industry policies and measures used to combat counterfeiting.
- The report suggests ways to develop information and analysis and identifies a number of key areas that require the attention of policy makers.
Draft report: The Economic Impact of Counterfeiting and Piracy
Also AvailableEgalement disponible(s)