OECD Product Release and Exposure Data Warehouse
The Product Release and Exposure Data Warehouse is a Microsoft® Access 2016 database designed to house existing data on releases of chemicals from, and exposures to, commercial and consumer end products. A number of forms provide a simple approach to data entry and access to the existing data. The Warehouse represents a joint effort between the OECD and US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
What type of information will you find?
In addition to the Main Menu, there are five forms in which a user can enter or update information on a specific study.
- Form 1 collects the following general information on the study:
- Organisation submitting information on the study, including the country that is submitting the study and the respective company or agency,
- Title of Study or Report, supplemental information on the authors of the study,
- Geographic scope of the study,
- Primary point of contact, website and additional information on the study, if applicable,
- Abstract that summarises the objectives of the study and the findings related to general, product- and/or chemical-specific release and exposure information.
- Form 2 is an optional form, which allows storing information on end products in the study. This includes the product-specific release or exposure data that are included in the study.
- Form 3 is also an optional form, which compiles information on chemical-specific release or exposure data in the study. Information could be stored by chemical name and/or CAS number. This form also collects information on the composition of the chemical in an end product or in a mixture of chemicals assessed as part of the study.
- The Summary of Release Information window provides a summary of the existing release information for the specific study, end product, and selected chemical. From this window, a user may add new information or edit/review existing information, which will lead to the appropriate Form 4 containing the detailed information. Form 4 is designed to allow a user to add multiple scenarios for each combination of product and chemical for this study.
- Finally, the Summary of Exposure Information window provides a summary of the existing exposure information for the specific study, end product, and selected chemical. It is structured similarly to the Summary of Release Information window and Form 4. Form 5 is also designed to allow a user to add multiple scenarios for each combination of product and chemical for this study.
Benefits of the Database
The database provides a flexible, easy-to-use venue for entering, storing and searching information and data on emissions and associated exposures of chemicals from commercial and consumer products.
It can be used as a source of information for quickly identifying available studies and data on emissions and associated exposures from commercial and consumer products for exposure assessment purposes.
Download the Database and the User Guide