Consumption, innovation and the environment
Environmental Policy and Technological Innovation: Publications
Return to Environmental Policy and Technological Innovation Homepage
OECD publications (books)
- International Cooperation for Climate Change Innovation: A Problem Shared is a Problem Halved (2013)
Outputs through other OECD outlets
Publications in external outlets
- "The Clean Development Mechanism and Neglected Environmental Technologies" in Energy Policy, 2013, Volume 55, pages 165-179 (by Jung Eun Kim, David Popp and Andrew Prag)
- “Increasing the Penetration of Intermittent Renewable Energy: Innovation in Energy Storage and Grid Management” (by Nick Johnstone and Ivan Haščič), Chapter 6 in: Handbook on Energy and Climate Change, edited by Roger Fouquet, Edward Elgar (2013).
- “Policy Incentives for Energy and Environmental Technological Innovation: Lessons from the Empirical Evidence” (by Nick Johnstone and Ivan Haščič), in: Encyclopedia of Energy, Natural Resource and Environmental Economics, 2013, Volume 1, pages 98-106.
- “Implications of Policy Uncertainty for Innovation in Environmental Technologies: The Case of Public R&D Budgets” (by Margarita Kalamova, Nick Johnstone and Ivan Haščič), in: The Dynamics of Environmental and Economic Systems – Innovation, Environmental Policy and Competitiveness, edited by Valeria Costantini and Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2013, Chapter 6, Pages 99-116, Springer Publ.
- The Clean Development Mechanism and international technology transfer: Empirical evidence on wind power, in Climate Policy, 2011, Volume 11, Issue 6, Pages 1303-1314 (by Ivan Haščič and Nick Johnstone).
- Environmental policy stringency and technological innovation: Evidence from survey data and patent counts, in Applied Economics, 2012, Volume 44, Issue 17, Pages 2157–2170 (by Nick Johnstone, Ivan Haščič, Julie Poirier, Marion Hemar, and Christian Michel).
- Tagging ‘green’ patents at the EPO, in ICARUS newsletter, July 2011 (by Ivan Haščič)
- Efficiency-improving fossil fuel technologies for electricity generation: Data selection and trends, in Energy Policy, 2011, Volume 39, Issue 11, Pages 7000-7014 (by Elisa Lanzi, Elena Verdolini and Ivan Haščič).
- Environmental policy vs. public pressure: Innovation and diffusion of alternative bleaching technologies in the pulp industry, in Research Policy, 2011, Volume 40, Issue 9, Pages 1253-1268 (by David Popp, Tamara Hafner, Nick Johnstone).
- Technology and the diffusion of renewable energy, in Energy Economics, 2011, Volume 33, Issue 4, Pages 648-662 (by David Popp, Ivan Haščič and Neelakshi Medhi).
- Invention and transfer of climate change mitigation technologies on a global scale: A study drawing on patent data, in Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, 2011, Volume 5, Issue 1, Pages 109-130 (by Antoine Dechezleprêtre, Matthieu Glachant, Ivan Haščič, Nick Johnstone, and Yann Ménière).
- Environmental policy design and the fragmentation of international markets for innovation (by Nick Johnstone and Ivan Haščič), in Ghosal, Vivek (editor) Reforming Rules and Regulations: Laws, Institutions and Implementation, 2011, Chapter 4, Pages 79-103, Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press. (Previous version, CESifo Working Paper No. 2630)
- Environmental policy design characteristics and technological innovation, in Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, 2010, Volume XXVII, Issue 2, Pages 275-299 (by Nick Johnstone, Ivan Haščič, and Margarita Kalamova).
- Renewable energy policies and technological innovation: Evidence based on patent counts, in Environmental and Resource Economics, 2010, Volume 45, Issue 1, Pages 133-155 (by Nick Johnstone, Ivan Haščič, and David Popp). (For a correct transcript of the patent search strategy used click here).
- Environmental policy flexibility, search and innovation, in Czech Journal of Economics and Finance, 2009, Volume 59, Issue 5, Pages 426-441 (by Ivan Haščič, Nick Johnstone, and Margarita Kalamova).
- Effects of environmental policy on the type of innovation: The case of automotive emission-control technologies, in OECD Journal: Economic Studies, 2009, Issue 1, Pages 1-18 (by Ivan Haščič, Frans de Vries, Nick Johnstone, and Neelakshi Medhi).
- Politique de l’environnement et innovation technologique: brevets déposés dans le domaine des énergies renouvelables, in Economie Appliquée, 2007, Volume LX, No. 2, Pages 157-181 (by Laurent Clavel, François Marical and Nick Johnstone).