The Climate Change Expert Group (CCXG) is a group of government delegates and experts from developed and developing countries. The aim of the group is to promote dialogue on and enhance understanding of politically important technical issues in the international climate change negotiations and for the implementation of the Paris Agreement. The group holds two seminars per year (“Global Forums”) which bring together government representatives, the private sector and civil society in order to share information on climate policies and issues. The CCXG also develops papers in consultation with a wide range of countries. More information on the CCXG flyer.
Related programmes: Climate finance: Research Collaborative and Financing climate change action.
- CCXG side event at COP25: “What makes a good carbon credit? Key issues for Article 6, CORSIA and the voluntary market”, Tuesday 3 December, 18:30-20:00, EU Pavilion, Madrid, Spain. Organised in partnership with Oeko Institute.
- Global Forum on the Evironment and Climate Change - organised by the CCXG, October 2019, OECD Paris. Presentations and meeting documents are now available
- Key questions guiding the process of setting up long-term low-emission development strategies, November 2019
- Designing the Article 6.4 mechanism: assessing selected baseline approaches and their implications, November 2019
- Reporting Tables – potential areas of work under SBSTA and options – Part I – GHG inventories and tracking progress towards NDCs, June 2019
- Reporting Tables – potential areas of work under SBSTA and options – Part II – Financial support provided, mobilised and received, June 2019
- Markets negotiations under the Paris Agreement: a technical analysis of two unresolved issues, June 2019
- Operationalising selected reporting and flexibility provisions in the Paris Agreement, November 2018
- Tracking progress towards NDCs and relevant linkages between Articles 4,6 and 13 of the Paris Agreement, November 2018
- Reporting on capacity-building and technology support under the Paris Agreement: Issues and options for guidance, April 2018
- Accounting for baseline targets in NDCs: Issues and options for guidance, April 2018
- Common time frames: Summary of discussions at the March 2018 Climate Change Expert Group Global Forum, April 2018
- OECD/IEA Climate Change Expert Group side event: "Article 6 negotiations: technical analysis of key issues for markets", Wednesday 19 June, 15h00-16h30, room Bonn, SBI 50, SBSTA 50, Bonn, Germany
- OECD at UN Climate Change Conference (COP24), December 2018, Katowice, Poland. Find out more on the OECD work on climate and the programme of COP24 side events:
- Global Forum on the Evironment and Climate Change - organised by the CCXG, March 2019, OECD Paris.
KEY POLICY AEAS
ENGAGE WITH US
- To receive our latest Environment news, publications and events, sign up to MyOECD (choose "Environment" as an area of interest and tick "Environment News" under Newsletters).