OECD Development Centre High Level Dialogue with Africa – 21 May 2019
OECD Conference Centre, 2 rue André-Pascal 75016 Paris
49 African countries have signed up for the Africa’s Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) and the number of ratifications has now reached 22 countries, the minimum threshold for the agreement to come into force. Boosting infrastructure, innovation and productivity are key to accelerating the continent’s economic transformation and realising fully the benefits of regional integration. How can Africa’s co-operation with its partners best serve that vision? This question will be at the heart of the High Level Dialogue with Africa co-hosted by the Development Centre of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Japan.
The event will take place on the side-lines of the 5th High-Level Meeting of the Governing Board of the OECD Development Centre on “Development for All: The role of domestic and international policies”. The High-Level Dialogue intends to inform the 7th edition of the Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VII) to be held in Yokohama on 28-30 August 2019.
- Daniel Kablan Duncan, Vice-President of Côte d’Ivoire
- Ahunna Eziakonwa, Assistant Administrator and Regional Director for Africa, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Felix Fernandez-Shaw, Director in DG International Cooperation and Development (DEVCO), European Commission
- Angel Gurría, Secretary-General of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Hiroshi Kato, Senior Vice-President of the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
- Bruno Mettling Middle-East & Africa Chairman, Orange
- Kwesi Quartey, Deputy-Chairperson of African Union Commission
Moderation by: Georja Calvin-Smith, France 24 Anchor and Producer; writer
That same week, the OECD Emerging Markets Network (EMnet) will hold a business meeting on Leveraging the impact of new technologies (Thursday 23 May), and the 11th edition of the International Economic Forum on Latin America and the Caribbean, organised every year by the OECD Development Centre in partnership with the Inter-American Development Bank and the Ministry of Economy and Finance of France, will take place at Station F (Friday 24 May) to debate Technology: a Driver of (In)Equality?
How to get to the OECD Conference Centre - Follow the event on social media: # TICAD7
To register attendance, submit information or interview requests journalists should contact Bochra Kriout in the OECD Development Centre Press Office (+33 1 45 24 82 96).