7-8 November 2019 Tirana, Albania
"Developing and supervising occupational pension arrangements"
The 2019 Global Forum on Private Pensions was jointly organised by the OECD, the International Organisation of Pension Supervisors (IOPS) and the Albanian Financial Supervisory Authority (AFSA). It gathered high-level officials from regulatory and supervisory authorities, leading experts from pension fund industry and research institutes from both OECD and IOPS Member countries. Representatives from international organisations also took part in the event.
Among the main topics addressed this year:
- pension reforms in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe over the past 20 years
- pension funds sustainable investments: policy and supervisory issues
- good design of defined contribution pension plans: OECD roadmap
- ways to set-up and supervise employer-sponsored pension arrangements
- how to develop capital markets along with newly created pension funds
This international high-level conference was held back-to-back with the IOPS Committee Meetings and the IOPS Annual General Meeting on 6-7 November 2019.
Participation to the Global Forums on Private Pensions is by invitation only.
- Mr André Laboul, Secretary General of the International Organisation of Pension Supervisors (IOPS), and Senior Counsellor, Special Financial Advisor to the G20 Sherpa, OECD
- Mr Ervin Koҫi, General Executive Director and Board Member of the Albanian Financial Supervisory Authority (AFSA)
- Mr Arben Ahmetaj, Chairman of Albanian Parliament Commission for Economy and Finance
- Ms Anila Denaj, Minister of Finance & Economy, Republic of Albania
- Mr Gramoz Ruҫi, Speaker of the Albanian Parliament
SESSION 1: Developing funded pension systems in the South-Eastern Europe
Moderator: Mr Ambrogio Rinaldi, Director, Pensions Fund Supervision Commission (COVIP), Italy, and Chair of the OECD Working Party on Private Pensions
- Mr Vlado Georgiev, Head of Institutional Control Sector, Agency for Supervision of Fully Funded Pension Insurance (MAPAS), Republic of North Macedonia
- Dr Nikola Altiparmakov, Board Member, Fiscal Council, Serbia
- Ms Sanja Radusinovic, Head Assistant, Department for pension and investment funds, Capital Market Authority, Montenegro
- Mr Niko Kotonika, Head of Capital Market and Funds Supervision Department, Albanian Financial Supervisory Authority
SESSION 2: Pension funds sustainable investments: policy and supervisory issues
Moderator: Mr André Laboul, Secretary General of the International Organisation of Pension Supervisors (IOPS), and Senior Counsellor, Special Financial Advisor to the G20 Sherpa, OECD
- Mr Tomislav Ridzak, Member of the Board, Croatian Financial Services Supervisory Agency
- Ms Helen Rowell, Deputy Chair, Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- Mr Kenneth S. Matomola, CEO, Namibia Financial Institutions Supervisory Authority
SESSION 3: OECD roadmap for DC pension funds
- Dr Pablo Antolín, Principal Economist, Head, Private Pensions Unit, Deputy Head of OECD Insurance, Private Pensions and Financial Markets Division
SESSION 4: 20 years of pension reforming in CEE and SE: lessons learnt
- Prof Agnieszka Chłoń-Domińczak, Director of Institute of Statistics and Demography, Warsaw School of Economics
SESSION 5: How to set up and supervise employer-sponsored pension arrangements?
Moderator: Ms Leah Fichter, Chair of the Canadian Association of Pension Supervisory Authorities (CAPSA) and Director, Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority, Government of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Mr Darren Ryder, Director of Automatic Enrolment, The Pensions Regulator, the United Kingdom
- Mr Paweł Borys, Chief Executive Officer, President and Chairman of the Management Board at the Polish Development Fund S.A.
SESSION 6: Pension funds and capital markets – the egg and chicken conundrum
Moderator: Dr Pablo Antolín, Principal Economist, Head, Private Pensions Unit, Deputy Head of OECD Insurance, Private Pensions and Financial Markets Division
- Dr Olga Fuentes, Deputy Chair of Regulation, Superintendence of Pensions, Chile, IOPS Vice-President
- Mr Nzomo Mutuku, Chief Executive Officer, Retirement Benefits Authority, Kenya
- Mr Joseph Lee, Director of Product Regulation Division, Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority, Hong Kong (China)
- Mr Kruno Abramovic, President of the Management Board NLB Skladi, Asset Management, Slovenia
- Mr Ervin Mete, Chairman of Albanian Financial Supervisory Authority (AFSA) Board
- Mr Ambrogio Rinaldi, Director, Pensions Fund Supervision Commission (COVIP), Italy, and Chair of the OECD Working Party on Private Pensions
Caroline Lam: email@example.com