The ANA Trust Fund mainly focuses on the sustainment of the ANA, but can also be used in support of literacy training, capacity and integrity building activities, and women’s participation within the relevant Afghan Ministries and security institutions. These activities cover the ANA, Afghan National Police (ANP), and Ministries of Defence (MoD), Interior (MoI) and Finance.
- Provision of facilities supporting the ANDSF Human Rights Ombudsmen;
- Financial management information system training for both MoD and MoI;
- ANA and ANP literacy projects;
- Power Delivery & Purchasing Agreement with the Asian Development Bank connecting ANA and ANP bases to the electrical grid;
- Medical projects in support of both ANA and ANP and their dependants;
- Counter-Improvised Devices/Explosive Ordnance Disposal training; robots and disposal equipment supporting both ANA and ANP;
- Dismounted cell phone jammers/electronic counter-measure systems for ANA & ANP vehicles;
- Maintenance contracts;
- Military Academy and Logistics School facilities;
- Scholarship programme for Women in ANA.
- Pilot Course on civilian oversight of ANDSF.
In 2015 and 2016, Hungarian contributions were used to assist in supplying uniforms to members of the ANA and in support of the outfitting of the Shorab Regional Hospital.