The OECD-Latin America and Caribbean Anti-Corruption Initiative was established in 2007, with the support of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the Organization of American States (OAS), to promote the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention in the region and strengthen the Convention's implementation. The Initiative provides a platform for countries from the region to compare experiences, share best practices, and discuss challenges in the fight against corruption.
The OECD Latin America and Caribbean Anti-Corruption Initiative, with the Organisation of American States (OAS) and OECD Working Group on Bribery countries from the region (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico and Peru), strengthens the implementation and enforcement of international and regional anti-corruption conventions in Latin America, including the 1996 Inter-American Convention Against Corruption (IACAC or OAS Convention), and the United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC), as well as the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention.
Activities of the Initiative
The Initiative's aims are achieved through periodic meetings, hosted by countries from the region, which bring together representatives from a wide range of ministries, government agencies, non-government organisations, and the private sector in Latin America and the Caribbean and beyond. The meetings mix broad awareness-raising events with technical workshops and seminars and involve experts from the OECD Secretariat and members of the OECD Working Group on Bribery. The Initiative also seeks to develop a dialogue and collaboration with the business community on the prevention of corruption in international transactions and the adoption of internal prevention mechanisms in companies.
Alejandra Tadeu, OECD Anti-Corruption Division
- 2022 - Fourth meeting of the Latin America and Caribbean Anti-Corruption Law Enforcement Network EN | ES
- 2022 - Business Integrity Roundtable: Best Practices for Co-operation Between the Private Sector and Law Enforcement in Combating Corruption EN
- 2020 - Third meeting of the Latin America and Caribbean Anti-Corruption Law Enforcement Network EN | ES | PT
- 2019 - Second meeting of the Latin America and Caribbean Anti-Corruption Law Enforcement Network EN l ES
- 2018 - First meeting of the Latin America and Caribbean Anti-Corruption Law Enforcement Network
- Conference on 20 Years of the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention: Perspectives from Latin American Countries, 13 February 2018, Bogotá, Colombia
- Agenda (ESP) ll Speaker Profiles (ESP)
- Regional Conference of the OECD Latin America Anti-Corruption Programme, 17-18 September 2015, Lima, Peru
- Latin American Meeting on Private Sector Responsibility in the Fight against Corruption, 7-8 March 2013, Bogotá, Colombia
- OECD, UNODC and DNP (Colombia) Meeting on Fight against Transnational Corruption, 1-2 March 2012, Bogota, Colombia
- Conference on Corporate Responsibility for Promoting Integrity and Fighting Corruption, 21-23 July 2010, São Paulo, Brazil
- International Seminar: Criminal Liability of Legal Persons in Chile and Comparative Experiences / Seminario Internacional: Responsabilidad penal de las personas jurídicas en Chile y experiencias comparadas
- (Seminario Internacional: Responsabilidad penal de las personas jurídicas en Chile y experiencias comparadas) (pdf - available in Spanish only), 19-20 July 2010, Santiago, Chile
- Latin-American Regional Conference: Commitment and Co-operation in the Fight Against Corruption and Transnational Bribery, 29-30 September 2008, Mexico City, Mexico
- Regional Conference on Detection, Investigation and Prosecution of Bribery and Meeting on Liability of Legal Persons, Mutual Legal Assistance and Extradition, 27-28 September 2006, Santiago de Chile, Chile
- Specialised Training for Prosecutors on Anti-Corruption, 5-6 December 2005, Buenos Aires, Argentina
DOCUMENTS AND LINKS