IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST:
TAKING INTEGRITY TO HIGHER STANDARDS
30 -31 March 2017, OECD Conference Centre, Paris
- Stimulate fair competition and economic growth
- Reduce the inequality gap
- Shape a level playing field for business
- Safeguard the public interest in policy making
- Promote trust in government and politics
Corruption and abuse of public office are a blight on democracies and a drain on public finances. With trust in government flagging in many countries and voter disillusionment on the rise, raising standards of integrity is more important than ever.
Government ministers, business leaders and civil society representatives will discuss issues including the cost to society of corruption, the use of political donations to buy influence, developments in corporate liability for graft, and the role of export controls to counter bribery.