The OECD webinars on Testing and Assessment Methodologies focus on selected ongoing projects that will result in the short to medium term in new methodologies to test and assess chemicals. These free webinars are open to potential end users among regulators and contract research organisations who want to get familiar with new standards and approaches. Video recordings of our webinars are made available online afterwards.
REGISTER TO THE UPCOMING WEBINAR ON NANOMATERIALS
WHEN: Tuesday 26 January 15:00 CET / 09:00 EST
Just like for any other chemical substance, nanomaterials have to be assessed for their safety for commercialisation of nanomaterial-enabled products.
Join our webinar where we will discuss the scope and use of the recently released guidance document No. 317 on aquatic and sediment ecotoxicity testing of nanomaterials. The guidance addresses practical aspects of carrying out valid tests on nanomaterials, and modifications or additions to OECD Test Guidelines procedures intended to improve the accuracy of test results.
Watch our WEBINAR on Training needs, resources, and opportunities for Adverse Outcome Pathways (AOPs)
MISSED OUR previous WEBINARS? WATCH THE VIDEO RECORDINGS
Webinars on Adverse Outcome Pathways (AOPs)
30 January 2020: AOP knowledge base and AOP developing tips | Presentations:
- Nathalie Delrue from the OECD Environment Directorate introduced the presenters and scope of the webinar | Presentation
- Clemens Wittwehr from the European Commission Joint Research Centre provided an introduction on AOP-KB | Presentation
- Dan Villeneuve from the US Environmental Protection Agency provided some tips on the development of AOPs | Presentation
- Holly Mortensen from the US Environmental Protection Agency presented ways of retrieving information from databases and other AOP tools | Presentation
15 January 2020: Assembling and evaluating weight of evidence and quantitative understanding | Presentations
- Magda Sachana from the OECD Environment Directorate introduced the presenters and scope of the webinar | Presentation
- Bette Meek from the University of Ottawa provided an introduction to WoE for AOPs | Presentation
- Kristie Sullivan from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine shared examples of implementing WoE in an AOP | Presentation
- Dan Villeneuve from the US Environmental Protection Agency spoke about quantitative understanding of relationships and why that’s important | Presentation.
30 April 2019: Adverse Outcome Pathway (AOP) framework | Presentations:
- Nathalie Delrue (OECD Secretariat): OECD AOP Programme | Presentation
- Catherine Willett (Humane Society International): An Introduction to AOP framework | Presentation
- Jason O’Brien (Environment Canada): AOP collaborative development | Presentation
- Dan Villeneuve (US Environmental Protection Agency): Examples of AOP application in chemical risk assessment | Presentation
Webinars on Testing and Assessment Methodologies:
27 September 2019: OECD Alternatives to in vivo eye irritation testing
- Chantra Eskes (Swiss 3Rs Competence Centre): Available test methods and IATA Guidance Document 263 | Presentation
- Dave Allen (Integrated Laboratory Systems): Alternatives for eye irritation testing: usefulness and limitations | Presentation
- Bertrand Desprez (Cosmetics Europe): Two defined approaches for ocular toxicity predictions | Presentation
16 January 2019: Defined Approaches for Skin Sensitisation
ENGAGE WITH US