The OECD Water Governance Initiative
The OECD Water Governance Initiative is an international multi-stakeholder network of members from the public, private and non-for-profit sectors gathering regularly to share good practices in support of better governance in the water sector.
OBJECTIVESThe OECD Water Governance Initiative:
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE OECD PRINCIPLES ON WATER GOVERNANCE
Three years after the adoption of the OECD Water Governance Principles, this report takes stock of their use and dissemination. It provides a water governance indicator framework and a set of evolving practices for bench-learning, building on lessons learned from different countries and contexts.
Survey and indicators on the use and dissemination of the PrinciplesThe OECD Water Governance Initiative regularly reviews the implementation of the OECD Principles on Water Governance in interested countries, basins and cities through surveys and indicators.
Presentation by OECD Secretary-General
OECD Principles on Water Governance
- 10th Meeting, 20-21 November 2017 - Vienna
- 9th Meeting - 3-4 July 2017 - Paris
- 8th Meeting - 12-13 January 2017 - Rabat
- 7th Meeting - 23-24 June 2016 - The Hague
- 4th Meeting - 24-25 November 2014 – Paris
- 3rd Meeting - 28-29 April 2014 - Madrid
- 2nd Meeting - 7-8 November 2013 – Paris
- 1st Meeting - 27-28 March 2013 - Paris
The OECD has been leading the governance theme at the world’s largest water event since 2012. Every 3 years, more than 20,000 participants from the international water community, including policy and decision makers, gather to discuss current water issues and spark positive change.