During his official visit to Turkey, OECD Secretary-General Angel Gurría:
On 18 October, he:
met with Mr. Abdullah GÜL, Minister of Foreign Affairs
, in Ankara, and gave a presented the OECD Economic Review of Turkey, 2006
to present the review.
The review examines the challenges facing Turkey as it seeks to catch up with other, more developed OECD economies. It focuses in particular on the need to simplify regulation in order to enhance competitiveness and reduce incentives to operate in the informal sector. It also looks at challenges in education, agriculture and the nation’s pensions system.
On 18 and 19 October Mr. Gurría also:
met with a number of other officials including:
- Mr. Ali BABACAN, State Minister for State Responsible for Economy
- Mr. Ali COŞKUN, Minister of Industry and Trade
- Mr. Abdullah GÜL, Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Mr. Kürşad TÜZMEN, Minister of State Responsible for Foreign Trade and Customs
- Mr. Kemal UNAKITAN, Minister of Finance
- Mr. Mehmet DÜLGER, Chairman of the Foreign Relations Commission at the Turkish Grand National Assembly
- Mr. Rifat HİSARCIKLIOĞLU, President of the Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey (TOBB)
- Mr. İsmail Tamer Taşkın, President of the Aegean Chamber of Industry and Member of the Executive Board of TOBB