OECD Tokyo Centre is looking for interns who will work with the team based in Tokyo. OECD Tokyo Centre serves as a regional contact for the full range of OECD activities, from media enquiries to liaison with governments, parliaments, academia, and the private sector. The main focus of the internship will be to assist with media and public affairs functions of the Centre.
- provide essential support to Media and Public Affairs team
- monitor and evaluate press coverage
- assist with logistic aspects of various events
- develop various communication materials
- support website and social media management
- assist in answering enquiries from journalists and the public
- assist in liaising with government stakeholders
- assist with miscellaneous tasks and projects at OECD Tokyo Centre
- Basically candidates should be able to work full time
- Intern 1 (Early January – End of March)
- Intern 2 (Middle of March –End of May)
- Intern 3 (Middle of May-End of July)
- Intern 4 (Early September –Middle of December)
Candidates should be well organised, and meticulous in terms of keeping track of details. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. A positive approach with an ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment, and in a team, using initiative, tact and discretion are all qualities we are looking for. Interns will also need to have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Japanese. Sound knowledge and skills of social media is necessary. Candidates should be able to work full time from Monday to Friday. An interest to pursue a career in an international organisation such as OECD in the future and to improve economic and social well-being of people around the world is appreciated.
Candidates must be enrolled in a school or university and have a student status for the duration of the internship.
There is no salary and commuting allowances. The OECD will however provide interns with a contribution to living expenses according to the OECD’s guideline.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com indicating hours and period they are available to work.