Why and how to join the Global Forum
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE GLOBAL FORUM
- Participation in a unique forum where all financial centres are present, which considerably enhances developing countries’ ability to negotiate information exchange agreements.
- The Global Forum is a unique source of expertise on transparency for tax purposes. In addition to being peer reviewed members are invited to participate in reviews of other jurisdictions. All Global Forum members have found that the peer review process provides an opportunity to reflect on how their legal frameworks can be improved to improve transparency domestically also.
- Receive help in improving the legal framework for transparency and exchange of information. Benefit from assistance which the Global Forum may provide directly or in partnership with other providers.
- Benefit from the guidance and assistance the Global Forum will offer in respect of implementing the new Standard on AEOI, such as training, tools and advice. In addition, the Global Forum provides a unique forum where implementation challenges can be shared and resolved between members with a possibility of creating pilot projects.
- Increase your international visibility and heighten your profile as a reliable location in which to do business. Advance the fight against corruption and money laundering.
- Have a voice in the decision making process of the Global Forum as all decisions are taken by consensus.
OBLIGATIONS WHEN JOINING THE GLOBAL FORUM
- Commit to implement the standards on transparency and exchange of information (exchange of information on request and automatic exchange of information).
- Participate and contribute to the peer review process.
- Contribute to the Global Forum budget as it is a self-funded body (the annual fee is either flat (EUR 17 500) or progressive for countries whose GNP is above USD 35 billion).
» Contact us at email@example.com for more information