Eleventh Meeting of the Forum on Tax Administration, Oslo 2017
27-29 SEPTEMBER 2017 • OSLO, NORWAY
Tax administrations are playing a critical role as governments start implementing new international measures to counter offshore evasion and combat tax avoidance by multinational enterprises. The FTA brings together Tax Commissioners from 50 of the most advanced tax administrations worldwide, including OECD and G20 countries, to work collaboratively on global tax administration challenges and take collective action to achieve common goals. Together these tax administrations collect EUR 8.5 trillion in revenue annually. The Oslo meeting saw participation from the heads of tax administrations and senior officials representing FTA member jurisdictions as well as those from invited countries.
The following events are available for viewing via https://skatteetat.aventia.no/no/archive/3.
- Opening session (27 September 2017)
- Press conference (27 September 2017)
Topics for discussion included:
- Priorities for the incoming G20 Presidency, in particular effective implementation of the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting outcomes, the Common Reporting Standard for exchange of information on offshore accounts and actions to enhance tax certainty, including a new pilot on joint risk assessment of multinationals;
- Continuing efforts to improve tax compliance, including tackling the shadow economy. Discussions focussed on the effective use of data, both domestically and internationally, the management of tax debt and how to minimise identity fraud through effective registration and identification. The Plenary agreed to collective work on options for sharing of information on payments made by online intermediaries in the sharing economy;
- The digital transformation of tax authorities through the use of new technologies, analytical tools and enhanced data sources. The Plenary agreed on the importance of collective work to realise the benefits for compliance, customer service and reduction of burdens, particularly for SMEs.
The following publications were also released at this event:
- Tax Administration 2017 - Comparative Information on OECD and Other Advanced and Emerging Economies
- The Changing Tax Compliance Environment and the Role of Audit
- Shining Light on the Shadow Economy: Opportunities and threats
- Country-by-Country Reporting: Handbook on Effective Implementation
- Country-by-Country Reporting: Handbook on Effective Tax Risk Assessment