Common Reporting Standard Status Message XML Schema: User Guide for Tax Administrations
This publication contains the OECD's standardised IT-format for providing structured feedback on exchanged Common Reporting Standard (CRS) information – the CRS Status Message XML Schema – as well as the related User Guide.
The first and current 2017 version of the CRS Status Message Schema and User Guide is applicable for all exchanges until 31 December 2020, whereas the second, the new June 2019 version will be in use as from 1 January 2021.
Jurisdictions rely on the CRS XML Schema, developed by the OECD as part of the CRS, for exchanging the information with each other and, in many instances, to receive information from their Financial Institutions.
As the information to be provided through the CRS XML Schema may contain errors, caused by either an incorrect file preparation and/or by incomplete or inaccurate record information, the OECD has developed the CRS Status Message XML Schema, as well as a User Guide setting out the practical guidelines for using the XML Schema.
The CRS Status Message XML Schema allows Competent Authorities that have received CRS information through the CRS XML Schema to report back to the sending Competent Authority, whether the file received contained any file and/or record errors.
In case file errors are discovered, this will generally entail that the receiving Competent Authority is not in a position to open and use the file. Record errors address key issues of data quality of the CRS information received, but do not as such technically impede the receiving Competent Authority from opening and using the file.
The CRS Status Message XML Schema may, in addition to communications between Competent Authorities, also be used by a Competent Authority to provide a status message to its domestic Financial Institutions on file and/or record errors.
- 27/06/2019 - OECD releases international exchange framework for CRS-related mandatory disclosure rules and updates its XML schemas for the exchange of CRS, CbC and tax ruling information
- 20/09/2017 - OECD releases IT-tools to support exchange of tax information policies
- 11/07/2016 - OECD releases standardised IT-format for providing feedback on received Common Reporting Standard information
- Find out more about the Standard for Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information in Tax Matters
- Contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
- Follow-us on Twitter @OECDtax