1. Within the context of indicative criteria agreed for consideration of new Participants, the Participants will consider individual requests for observership on their merit. In determining their opinion, the Participants will apply the criteria of "major player" and "mutual benefit" in light of the following considerations whilst recognising that this will not be done in a mechanical or automatic fashion, but rather in the context of individual requests. Additionally, the Participants may decide whether to invite Observers on an ad hoc basis or on a permanent basis.
2. The assessment of whether an applicant for observership satisfies the "major player" criterion may take into account the Participants responses to, inter alia, the following indicative questions:
What is the experience and performance that the applicant has demonstrated in export credit business, on the basis of the following quantitative and qualitative illustrative indicators: main characteristics of the export credit programme (objectives, technical features), annual flows of officially supported medium- and long-term export credits (minimum figure), and types of goods supported, in comparison with Participants?
3. The assessment of whether an applicant satisfies the "mutual benefit" criterion may take into account the Participants responses to the following indicative questions, among others:
4. In considering requests for observership, the Participants shall assess whether participation of the applicant as an Observer would have a positive impact on the implementation of its programme of work. They shall in particular examine the questions relating to exchange of information and data, against the background of a necessary transparency.
5. In considering requests for observership, the Participants will also actively consider what alternatives to observership might exist as a means of engaging the applicant in constructive dialogue, in particular through informal or ad hoc co-operation and dialogue (e.g. participation in informal meetings on a regular basis, workshops and seminars).