124th Meeting of the OECD Working Party on Export Credits and Credit Guarantees (ECG)
held on 18-19 November 2010, OECD Conference Centre, Paris
1. The Members of the OECD Working Party on Export Credits and Credit Guarantees (ECG) met at the OECD Conference Centre, Paris, on 18-19 November 2010; the meeting was chaired by Ms. Mariane SONDERGAARD-JENSEN (Denmark).
2. The ECG welcomed non OECD countries who provide official export credits and who were participating in the meeting as ad hoc observers: Brazil, Romania and the Russian Federation. Representatives of EBRD, IFC and the Berne Union also attended the meeting. Slovenia was welcomed to its first ECG Meeting as a full ECG Member.
3. The main item for discussion was the review of the 2007 OECD Recommendation on Common Approaches on the Environment and Officially Supported Export Credits (the “Common Approaches”) [TAD/ECG(2007)9]. ECG Members considered various proposals for amendments to the Recommendation, including from Amnesty International, the European Banking Federation and Prof. John RUGGIE, UN Special Representative on Business and Human Rights. The review will continue in 2011, looking in particular at the issues of GHG emissions and human rights, and taking into account the outcomes of the concurrent reviews of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and the IFC Performance Standards.
4. In addition, ECG Members discussed the following documents:
- A Review of Category A and Category B projects, i.e. those projects supported that had high or medium potential environmental impacts, reported by Members for 2009: this Review has now been made publicly available on the OECD website.
- A Review of Members’ policies and practices with regard to the environment: this Review has now been made publicly available on the OECD website.
- A Review of Members’ policies and practices with regard to anti-bribery measures: this Review will be made publicly available on the OECD website.
- A Review of Members’ 2009 cash flow results in respect of their official export credit programmes: related data will be made publicly available on the OECD website.
5. The next plenary meeting of the ECG will take place in the week of 11 April 2011.
XCRED SECRETARIAT, December 2010