114th Meeting of the Working Party on Export Credits and Credit Guarantees (ECG)
22 April 2008
1. The Members of the OECD Working Party on Export Credits and Credit Guarantees (ECG) met on 22 April 2008; the meeting was chaired by Ms. Nicole BOLLEN (the Netherlands). The main issues for discussion were: sustainable lending, environment, and peer review, all in the context of official export credits.
2. Members of the ECG welcomed delegates from a number of Non Member Economies, who were participating in the meeting as ad hoc observers; these included Brazil, China, India, Romania, Slovenia and South Africa. In addition, representatives of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the World Trade Organisation (WTO) and the International Union of Credit and Investment Insurers (Berne Union) attended the meeting. Representatives from other OECD Directorates were also present to update Members on issues of mutual interest.
3. In January 2008, Members agreed a set of Principles and Guidelines to Promote Sustainable Lending Practices in the Provision of Official Export Credit to Low-Income Countries. In this connection, Members clarified outstanding issues relating to the implementation of the Principles and Guidelines.
4. Members received a report on the implementation of the OECD Recommendation on export credits and the environment, and also on different modalities for peer reviews in the OECD in respect of which discussions will continue at the next ECG Meeting.
5. The next meeting of the ECG will take place in the week of 23 June 2008.