OECD Home › Trade and Agriculture Directorate › Sustainable agriculture › Latest Documents
At a time when agriculture is no longer the dominant sector in rural economies in OECD countries, this study examines the advantages of developing coherence between agricultural and rural development policies.
This workshop proceedings examines evaluation of agri-environmental policies to see how effective policies have been and what policy makers have learned.
Agricultural support policies affect the pattern and structure of agricultural production, with consequences for the environment. But what are these impacts and how might they be affected by further agricultural policy reform and trade liberalisation? What are governments doing...
Agricultural policies affect agricultural production with consequences for the environment. What are the impacts and how might they be affected by further agricultural policy reform? What are governments doing to improve the environmental ...
- Agriculture, Trade and the Environment: The Pig Sector
- Agriculture, Trade and the Environment: The Dairy Sector, Summary and Conclusions
- Agriculture, échanges et environnement: Le secteur laitier, Résumé et conclusions
- Agriculture, Trade and the Environment: The Dairy Sector, Summary in Chinese
- Landwirtschaft, Handel und Umwelt: Die Milchwirtschaft, Zusammenfassung in Deutsch
- Agricultura, Comércio e Meio Ambiente: O Setor Leiteiro, Sumário em Português
- Agricultura, comercio y medio ambiente: Sector lechero, Resumen en español
The main objective of the Workshop, to be held in Paris, 6-8 December 2004, is to review and analyse the tools and methods used for the evaluation of agri-environmental policy measures by OECD governments, with specific focus on ex-post evaluations.
Presentations, proceedings and other documents from a meeting held in Zurich on 5-8 November 2001.
The Expert Meeting, to be held in Palmerston North, New Zealand (8-12 March, 2004), will seek to develop policy-relevant and feasible indicators that can track the current state and trends in farm management practices and approaches. Contact: kevin.parris@o
The Expert Meeting, held in Gyeongju, Korea (7-10 october 2003), sought to develop agricultural water quality and water use indicators for policy purposes. Contact: kevin.PARRIS@oecd.org
The Workshop on Organic Agriculture, hosted by the United States Department of Agriculture, was held in Washington D.C on 23-26 September 2002. All the papers and presentations made at the Workshop are now available on this site.