In addition to the rules and directions of the OECD Seed Schemes being obligatory for the certification process, the representatives of participating countries have developed "Guidelines" which provides information and propose practical methods that National Authorities can use as reference for the Schemes implementation.
The Guidelines relating to field inspection of seed crops and control plot tests include firstly general elements, followed by summary sheets of main characteristics for assessing varietal purity for 150 crop species (including 40 vegetable species).
These guidelines are available below either as a single complete document (212 pages), or divided into several sections.
Guidelines for Control Plot Tests and Field Inspection of Seed Crops (pdf, 587 Ko, English)
Document by section:
GENERAL GUIDELINES (pdf, 116 Ko, English)
Partie III. SUMMARY SHEETS BY SPECIES:
CHARACTERISTICS FOR ASSESSING VARIETAL PURITY
Index of species (pdf, 85 Ko, English)
- Summary Sheets Gramineae (pdf, 107 Ko, English)
- Summary Sheets Leguminosae (pdf, 85 Ko, English)
- Summary Sheets Crucifers and other Oil or Fibre Species (pdf, 46 Ko, English)
- Summary Sheets Cereals (pdf, 31 Ko, English)
- Summary Sheets Subterranean Clover and similar Species (pdf, 17 Ko, English)
- Summary Sheets Maize and Sorghum (pdf, 14 Ko, English)
- Summary Sheets Vegetables (pdf, 96 Ko, English)