Members guide the strategic orientations and approve the work programme and budget. Leadership and active involvement of the Members are key principles of SWAC engagement. Members participate on an equal footing in the SWAC governance structure.
The following observers are closely associated with the Club’s work:
The European Union is an important partner of SWAC and contributes to the financing of its programme of work, in particular activities linked to the Global Alliance for Resilience – Sahel and West Africa (AGIR). The French Agency for Development (AFD) and the World Bank Group also contribute to the funding of specific SWAC events.
The Strategy and Policy Group (SPG) brings together Club Members twice a year to define the Club’s work priorities and approve the programme of work and budget, as well as activity and financial reports. Members also ensure the smooth functioning of the Club through their financial contributions and designate the Club President. The position is currently held by François-Xavier de Donnea, Belgian Minister of State. T. Jean de Dieu Somda, former ECOWAS Commission Vice President, is the Special Representative of the President responsible for promoting the Club on the international scene. The SWAC Secretariat is in charge of implementing the work programme. It is placed under the management structure of the OECD Global Relations Directorate.
- SPG, Paris, 17 June 2014
- SPG, Abidjan, 29 November 2013
- SPG, Ouagadougou, 8 December 2012
- SPG, Paris, 11 June 2012
- SPG, Praia, 7-8 December 2011
- SPG, Paris, 15 June 2011
- SPG, Accra, 9-10 December 2010
- SPG, Paris, 18 June 2009
- SPG, Paris, 4 December 2008
- SPG, Paris, 16 June 2008
- SPG, Paris, 31 January- 1 February 2008
- SPG, Paris, 13-14 September 2007
- SPG, Berlin, 25-26 January 2007
- SPG, Ouagadouogu, 29 June 2006, vol. 1 | vol. 2
- SPG, Paris, 24-25 November 2005
- SPG, Cotonou, 2 July 2005
Eligible for membership are:
- West African regional organisations
- West African countries (ECOWAS members, Chad and Mauritania)
- Development partner countries
- International organisations
Members contribute with an agreed minimum financial contribution to the implementation of the Club's programme of work and participe in the SPG meetings.
2013 Annual Report
2012 Annual Report
2011 Annual Report