New edition available: www.oecd.org/sti/scoreboard
Published every two years in print and on line, the OECD Science, Technology and Industry (STI) Scoreboard brings together internationally comparable indicators. It has become a widely used reference which combines statistical rigour with easy access and readability.
This edition focuses on five key areas:
- Responding to the economic crisis: venture capital, research and development (R&D) expenditure, researchers, patents, trademarks, productivity and foreign direct investment (FDI) statistics up to the second quarter of 2009.
- Targeting new growth areas: R&D, patents and scientific publications in key research fields: health, biotechnology, nanotechnology and environmental sciences, access to telecommunication networks, government R&D budget, R&D tax subsidies, and co-operation with innovative firms.
- Competing in the world economy: international trade by technological intensity, trade in information and communication technology (ICT) goods and services, e-commerce and e-business penetration, activities of multinational firms, non-technological innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Connecting to global research: international co-operation in R&D, patents and scientific publications among countries and sub-national regions; technological balance of payments; international flows in inventions and doctoral students.
- Investing in the knowledge economy: new university graduates and doctorate holders by discipline and gender, human resources in science and technology, employment of graduates and doctorate holders, relative earnings by level of education and gender.
The STI Scoreboard is published every other year, in alternance with the OECD Science, Technology and Industry Outlook.
Brief summaries of this edition of the STI Scoreboard are available in the following languages:
English | French | German | Italian | Japanese | Spanish | Chinese
The paperback can be ordered via the OECD online bookshop or through the OECD Publishing distributor network.
A here for a corrigendum to the print edition is available.
The complete STI Scoreboard is also available on line and provides easy access to individual sections and links to the databases used. Spreadsheets containing the data used in the charts and figures are only a click away. Each indicator is also available as an individual pdf.
Click here to access the online Scoreboard.
Individual country notes are available for the following countries:
Permanent URL of this page: www.oecd.org/sti/scoreboard
OECD Science, Technology and Industry Outlook 2008
Measuring Innovation: A New Perspective - online version
OECD Communications Outlook 2009
OECD Information Technology Outlook 2008
Main Science and Technology Indicators (MSTI): 2007/2 edition