Data from previous versions of Society at a Glance (SaG):
The complete edition of Society at a Glance 2009 is available from:
Social data and indicators:
More information (PDFs, HTMLs) via OECD WebBook.
Latest OECD data related to social indicators:
(in construction - contact us via email@example.com if you would like see here a specific social indicator)
- Population by gender and broad age group, from Labour Force Surveys
Other non-OECD sources related to social indicators:
- Social Indicators Monitor - an online information system and allows comfortable access to the time series data from two systems of social indicators developed and maintained by the Social Indicators Research Centre of GESIS
Also of interest:
Do countries have the poverty rate they are prepared to pay for ?
Incomes are more equally distributed and fewer people are poor where social spending is high... It is easy to conclude that countries have the poverty rate that they are prepared to pay for. Higher tax revenues – enabling an expansion of social programmes – would probably reduce inequality and poverty. But for most OECD countries, the answer is more complex...
>See the relationship between poverty (EQ1) and social spending (EQ5) over time via www.oecd.org/els/social/inequality/GU#data
with Gapminder dynamic chart
- OECD Global Project on Measuring the Progress of Societies
SaG 2006 via: www.sourceoecd.org/societyataglance2006
including Chapter 2: Measuring Well-being: What Role for Social Indicators?
SaG 2005 - Raw data underlying each indicator:
General context indicators: General context indicators: GE1. National income per capita GE2. Age-dependency ratio GE3. Fertility rates GE4. Foreigners and foreign-born popul
List of Social Indicators and Related Data (xls, 39kb)
- Annex GE: General context indicators (GE1 to GE3) (xls, 106kb)
- Annex GE: General context indicators (GE4 to GE7) (xls, 98kb)
- Annex SS: Self-sufficiency indicators (SS1 to SS10) (xls, 271kb)
- Annex SS: Self-sufficiency indicators (SS11 to SS17) (xls, 202kb)
- Annex EQ: Equity indicators (EQ1 to EQ6) (xls, 136kb)
- Annex EQ: Equity indicators (EQ7 to EQ12) (xls, 118kb)
- Annex HE: Health indicators (HE1 to HE5) (xls, 110kb)
- Annex HE: Health indicators (HE6 to HE11) (xls, 151kb)
- Annex CO: Social cohesion indicators (CO1 to CO6) (xls, 101kb)
- Annex CO: Social cohesion indicators (CO7 to CO9) (xls, 95kb)